The Ionosphere is the perfect tent aimed for lightweight campers and hikers who are ready to compromise on internal space. The tent is designed especially for outdoor professionals and military personnel who are in need of robust emergency shelters.
The 3-season tent is not designed for winter conditions. While the tent is of a bivy type, it offers sufficient room and a lot of space that can be used productively. Single person tents are a great option if you are going on outdoor adventures on your own.
Here are some notable features of the Snugpak Ionosphere 1 Person Tent:
- Side-Type Entrance - The tent features a single side-type entrance. The fly zipper provides extra protection as it is covered by a wide flap that also features Velcro to fix the flap in case it is too windy outside.
- Made from Inner and Outer Layer - The Snugpak Ionosphere is a proper tent that features an inner and outer layer. The tent features an inner no-see-um mosquito that is fully stitched into the waterproof groundsheet tray and is soft to touch. The design of the mesh covering is such that it maximizes ventilation.
- Two Small Pockets - The Snugpak Ionosphere features two small pockets on either side of the tent at waist level. The small pockets come in handy for storing small accessories, such as glasses and watches.
- Includes a Repair Kit - The tent comes with a handy repair kit that makes it possible for campers to make repairs on the move without making stops on their trip.
Some notable pros of the Snugpak Ionosphere 1-Person Tent include:
- Good Ventilation - Despite not having any vents in the fly, the tent offers plenty of airflow and sufficient amount of ventilation. However, keep in mind the Snugpak Ionosphere 1-Person Tent is not suitable for winters and must be used as a 3-season tent only.
- Easy Setup - The Snugpak Ionosphere 1-Person Tent offers easy setup and provides customers great value for their money.
Some notable cons of the Snugpak Ionosphere 1-Person Tent include:
- Not Freestanding - One of the downsides of the Snugpak Ionosphere 1-Person Tent is it is not freestanding. This means campers need to anchor the tent on the ground if they want to pitch. This may become quite problematic when setting up the tent on gravel or on rocky terrains, especially if you are new to hiking.
The Snugpak Ionosphere 1-Person Tent can be purchased on Amazon for around $130 with free shipping.
The Snugpak Ionosphere is a great low profile tent and is suitable for hikers and for backpackers. The overall weight ratio of the tent is excellent and it is priced reasonably. However, keep in mind that it is not a freestanding tent, hence this might limit your ability to pitch the tent everywhere.