Some tents can only fit a single person, like one person pop up tents, whereas others are perfectly capable of accommodating up to four people.
Other tents have a faster set-up time, so it is up to you to decide whether you want a tent that is quicker and easier to set up or a tent that is cheaper and may take a longer time and a more complex set-up process. This brings us to pop-up tents.
Pop-up tents are designed to be set-up and deployed far quicker than your average tent, which really helps when you want to get your tent ready and out of the way so you can enjoy a hike or some fishing, or really anything else you enjoy doing during your camping trip.
Best Pop Up Camping Tent Reviews For 2020
Coleman Pop Up Camping Tent
If you are new to camping and are headed out on your first trip to a campsite, it is imperative you enlighten yourself on the different types of tents in the market.
This will allow you to opt for one according to your needs and environment. Cabin tents are popular options among people who wish to go on a camping trip with their families.
However, with several brands in the market, selecting the best cabin tent can become difficult.
When it comes to manufacturing quality camping goods, Coleman is certainly a name you can trust.
The Instant Cabin Tent is one of Coleman’s best sellers and is available in 4 different sizes.
- Weather Tec System – The Instant Cabin Tent features advanced Weather Tec System ensures you remain dry and comfortable in the tent, regardless of rain or dew.
- Vented Rainfly – The tent features a vented rainfly that promotes air circulation, resulting in good air circulation.
- Coated Polyester Body – The tent features a coated polyester body with anti-wicking properties. This keeps the tent dry and resistant to bad weather.
- Pre-Assembled Poles – The tent features pre-assembled poles that make the tent easy to set up.
- Easy to Assemble – Unlike other tents in the market, the Coleman Weather Master is quite easy to assemble and can be put together in just a matter of 20 minutes or less
- Sturdy Design – The tent has sturdy steel poles that hold the tent in place against wind gusts. So, unlike other tents, the Instant Cabin Tent is not likely to blow away or collapse.
- Storage – The tent offers ample storage with two inner pockets on the insides of the tent’s walls. This allows campers to conveniently store small accessories while remaining organized.
- Versatility – The tent is suitable for sorts of outdoor activities, including camping or going out on picnics.
- Several Windows – There are several windows in the tent that promote ventilation and offer campers a more pleasant experience.
- Not Comfortable Enough – Some consumers have complained the tent is not comfortable enough. This problem can be resolved by using a blanket or a comfy sleeping bag.
- Heavy – Like other family tents, the Instant Cabin Tent too is quite heavy. However, this is not much of a surprise as family tents are not suitable for hikers and backpackers anyway.
Most customers on Amazon were happy with their purchase, making this the perfect family tent for your outdoor adventures.
The tent is adjustable and is great for all kinds of family outdoor activities, such as picnics, fishing and especially camping.
FiveJoy 4-Person Pop Up Tent
A memorable camping experience is incomplete without the right tent. Finding the right tent can drastically improve the quality of your stay out in the open wilds.
Campers should opt for a tent that is easy to set up, is lightweight and provides ample air ventilation.
If you enjoy going on outdoor activities with your loved ones then consider investing in the FiveJoy Instant 4-Person Pop Up Tent.
The tent offers campers a stress-free setup and handy storage pockets that help you stay organized.
- Easy Setup – Setting up the tent is simple, thanks to the automatic pop-up setup, making the tent a perfect choice for amateur campers and beginners. Plus, the tent comes in a portable carrying bag that makes it easy to carry, pack up and transport from place to place.
- Storage Pockets and Hang Loop – The tent features handy storage pockets that keep the tent clutter-free and organized. It also includes a hang loop where you can hang your battery-powered lantern, or store your keys or phone.
- Mesh Windows – The FiveJoy Instant 4-Person Pop Up Tent features mesh windows on both sides of the tents to encourage ventilation while keeping bugs away. The windows also offer campers much needed privacy.
- Double Doors – The tent features doors that allow either side of the tent to be completely opened or closed, using only a screen material.
- Visually Appealing – The FiveJoy Instant 4-Person Pop Up Tent features a camel or moss color that instantly looks appealing to the eyes.
- Convenience – The tent is convenient to set up and is suitable for all kinds of campers, even inexperienced ones.
- Durability – The FiveJoy Instant 4-Person Pop Up Tent is constructed using quality materials and will last long if used properly.
- Great Ventilation – The tent offers great ventilation and plays an integral role in improving the camper’s stay.
- Not for Harsh Weather Conditions – Despite the durable material, the FiveJoy Instant 4-Person Pop Up Tent is not strong enough to withstand heavy rainfall.
- Difficult to Fold – Some consumers on Amazon complained the tent is difficult to fold and takes a lot of effort.
Overall, the FiveJoy Instant 4-Person Pop Up Tent is a great quality tent and is suitable for all kinds of campers.
Coleman 4-Person Pop-Up Tent
The Coleman pop up tent is the first tent we will analyze in our best pop up tent review.
This 4 person pop up tent features a very durable and rugged build quality so you needn’t worry about any rips or tears in the fabric and the waterproofing is good enough to keep you protected from the elements.
The best pop up tent trailer would not be very useful with this model as it folds up into a compact unit for transportation.
- 4 person capacity
- 1 minute set-up time
- 7’5” x 4’5”
- 35 inches height
theNORTHblu 2 Person Pop Up Tent
This is one of the best pop up tent campers that you can find on the market for a reasonable price.
This tent can house two in relatively good space and comfort and it is one of the best pop up beach tents we have seen, so it is ideal if you want a small shelter from the sun or a place to change when you go to the beach.
The quick set-up time is where this tent really shines as it can be torn down and set up much faster than many competitors.
- 87” x 60” x 43”
- Folds up in seconds
- 2 person capacity
- 3 ventilation holes
Lucky Bums Pop Up Tent
The Lucky Bums green pop up tent is a great pop up tent option for children, as it can fit them very effectively, without costing as much as a full-size pop up tent.
The Lucky Bums pop up tent is the best pop up tent for camping with children, since you won’t have to bring along two or more large tents which can get somewhat cumbersome.
It is rugged and has a quick set-up time, so you don’t have to worry about either of those aspects, and the cost of this tent is very reasonable.
- Occupancy for two children
- 30 second set up time
- 80” x 50” x 36”
- Weight of 3.15 lbs
Tips For Buying The Best Pop-Up Tent
In case you are investing in a family pop-up tent, invest in a model with additional storage space. Spending the night in the tent is bound to become more difficult if the tent is too small and stuffy. Extra storage space is a necessity if you have a lot of gear.
Consider the number of adults and children you will be sharing the tent with. It is recommended you first set up the tent at home and decide where each of you will be sleeping to avoid complications during your camping trip. This is also a great way to ensure the tent is large enough to fit all of you.
Larger models are easier to pitch and allow you and your family more space to move around. Consider investing in a cabin style pop-up tent so you can walk around with ease.
While you should be concerned about saving money wherever you can, you get what you pay for. This means investing in the cheapest model is not necessarily the best choice.
Pop-up tents that offer more insulation and ventilation are likely to be more expensive than inefficient models. Good quality tents have more than one layer and have the capability to withstand outdoor elements better than inexpensive tents.
When choosing a pop-up tent, you have several types and shapes to choose from. If you will be camping in windy conditions, opt for streamlined versions that feature anchoring systems and extra guy ropes. Campers may even add a bracing system for extra protection against bad weather.
Invest in a camping tent that features mesh windows on both sides of the tents. This encourages ventilation while keeping away bugs. The windows also offer campers much needed privacy and protection against harsh weather conditions.
These are just a few reasons why you should invest in a pop-up tent. Pay attention to the number of campers who will be accompanying you on your trip in order to make the perfect purchase.
Top Reasons to Invest In a Pop-Up Camping Tent
One of the most challenging aspects of camping is setting up a tent. People who lack the patience and skill to set up the perfect tent often put aside the idea of camping as they do not wish to go through all the hassle.
Well, if you deal with the same, perhaps you should consider investing in a convenient pop-up tent.
As the name indicates, all you have to do is unpack the tent and watch it pop up. These tents were first designed for the festival market, but those tents were not as durable as the ones we have now.
Most pop-up tents in the market follow a high standard of quality whilst remaining comparatively cheaper than other types of tents in the market. These tents can be pitched in a matter of seconds, offering user convenience and ease.
Pop Up Tent Advantages
Here’s why you should consider investing in a handy pop-up tent.
- Easy Setup – Any inexperienced camper can set up a pop-up tent with ease. It is that easy! With a popup tent, you do not have to worry spikey poles and the hassle of pitching a tent. The poles are already fitted into the tent fabric and automatically assemble into place when the tent is sprung open. The tent is a perfect choice for first-time campers who do not have much experience in pitching a tent.
- Lightweight – Popup tents tend to be relatively lightweight than other options and are thus much easier to transport and carry around from place to place. This makes the tent a perfect option for campers who move around a lot.
- Relatively Inexpensive – Pop-up tents are relatively inexpensive from other tents in the market. This means you do not have to break the bank for a weekend camping trip every once in a year. However, avid campers who frequently go camping might want to invest in something much more sturdy and durable.
- Great for Kids – Pop-up tents are a great way to keep your kids occupied on a Sunday afternoon. Your kids can set up the tent in the backyard and use it to play pretend. Invest in a durable tent that can withstand wear and tear.
- Saves Time – With a pop-up tent, you save precious time from your vacation that would have otherwise been spent setting up a rigid tent. Setting up a regular tent can be quite challenging, especially when it is windy outside and you do not know what you are doing. This might dampen your spirits, ruining the mood for everybody.
- Convenience – Camping does not necessarily have to translate to inconvenience. The whole experience can automatically become a whole lot relaxing if you use a pop-up tent. You can have the tent pitched in a matter of minutes. This gives you more time to enjoy your vacation.
Like other tents, pop-up tents also have their own set of disadvantages and are not entirely perfect. Here are some notable cons that you should consider before investing in a pop-up tent.
- Not for Harsh Weather Conditions – Unfortunately, pop-up tents are not designed for harsh weather conditions. While the tent may offer the user plenty of ease and convenience in the summer, the same tent might create problems and tear apart during windy and rainy seasons. Pop-up tents are not suitable for windy conditions because of its flexibility.
- Folding A Pop-Up Tent Can Be Tricky – While setting up a pop-up tent is quite easy, the same cannot be said for folding it up. However, if you are unsure of how to fold up a pop-up tent, you can always learn how to do so before going on your trip.
Overall, a pop-up tent is a good investment, especially if you have kids or are an inexperienced camper.
Camping Safety Tips
How can you not love camping?
Regardless of whether you hail from the city or the country, camping is an experience that everyone needs to appreciate at least once in their life.
While it is undoubtedly a great experience, one thing that most people must consider before going on a camping trip is the equipment they plan to set off with.
If you plan on going camping, you always want to ensure that you have equipment of the highest quality, so it will not fail on you if conditions take a turn for the worse.
These conditions can range anywhere from the weather, such as sudden rain or snowstorms, or perhaps due to the wild, like an animal getting into your food reserves or something of the like.
Camping is all a game of preparation, and depending on how prepared you are, you can have one of the most enjoyable experiences of your life or one of the most annoying, and even potentially dangerous, depending on where you choose to set up camp.
What Should You Bring Camping
Some forms of equipment that you will need when you go camping include camp chairs, fire-starters, sleeping rolls, and tents.
These are all crucial in their own individual manners and you should treat every piece of your camping gear with the same amount of care as you do for every other.
However, one of the most crucial pieces of equipment that you must take care to purchase before you go camping is a tent.
A camping tent is more than somewhere to sleep, it is a shelter and essentially your home for the duration of your camping trip.
You wouldn’t stand for a leaky ceiling in your house so why should you do so in your tent?
If you are on a tight budget, we would recommend focusing on your tent above all other pieces of equipment, as a cheap tent can result in discomfort, sickness, and general annoyance.
For example, a cheap tent could take you a long time to set up, ruining your first day of camping thanks to a loss of time, or it could even expose you to sickness due to a leaky roof.
Nobody wants to catch pneumonia because they chose to buy a cheaper model of tent, your health is worth infinitely more than a tent, so you must realize how important it is to take care in purchasing your tent.
Tents can come in many different shapes, sizes and occupancy capacities, so finding the right tent, in the end, is really a game of finding the perfect compromise in terms of capabilities and budget.
There are many pop up tents available that are worth spending your hard-earned money on.
We hope that this review has aided you in coming to a decision in purchasing your new pop up tent, and we think we have provided you with options for the best pop up tents available at the moment.